Zeiss 880 - last modified 20160515_1400
online signup: http://nyusaphapp01.nyumc.org:8080/limsprod/logon.jsp
DO NOT touch any switches except the the ones in these instructions..
If you are only using the computer, only turn on the switch in step 2; leave all the other ones off.
1. MAIN SWITCH
2. Red Switch on Power Strip
3. SYSTEMS/PC (label not descriptively correct...)
5. If the microscope touch pad does not light up, try pressing the power button at the back left of the microscope stand.
6. Log in to computer account.
7. Run Zen software.
8. Immediately go in to Lasers window in Acquitiion tab and turn on the lasers you will be using. This will save time by allowing the lasers to power up fully while you find your sample, load settings, etc.
9. Optional: Incubator may be set by the touchpad on the table.
Oil and Water lenses
Use special 30 degrees oil for incubation only.
Use 1.518 oil for RT.
Use Immersol W or GenTeal for water lenses.
All files should be stored in one of these two locations.
Files left on the desktop or drive C: will be deleted.
Move data to your lab's shared server space.
CH1 and CH2 GaAsP detectors require 500V gain minimum.
For BiG use plate, not mirror. Filter blocks installed manually in side. Blocks for red/green and CFP/YFP.
Click on ? button in upper right and then click on thing on screen want help with.
First do 128X128 large area fast overview tile scan.
Put in new container.
Click stage (or use positions to set multiple Z)
Zen Blue for post processing stitching.
When using Airyscan, do not change the size of the image or the zoom manually. Use the Optimize button to choose the correct settings.
DO NOT THINK, just click Optimize.
The pinhole should also be open to the right of the red bar in the pinhole slider.
Turn off Ar laser in software
DO NOT turn key.
Adding oil to compressor.
comments, questions, suggestions: Michael.Cammer@med.nyu.edu