This microscope is most commonly used for standard fluorescence confocal. It also has other imaging modes, a few listed here:
- reflection, IRM
- transmitted light
- automated stage for tiling large areas or repeatably imaging multiple positions
- live and fixed samples
- FLIM (time domain, excitation with pulsed 440 nm laser)
- FCS and FCCS (continuous wavelength excitation)
A few of the specifications:
- Zeiss AxioObserver inverted stand
- environmental chamber for temperature and stage insert for CO2 control
- 10X air N.A. 0.3 -
For locating samples by eye, not recommended for confocal (we know you will use it anyhow...)
- 20X air Plan-Apochromat N.A. 0.8 M27
For thinner samples, cell culture or thin cut tissue.
- 25x/0.8 LD LCI Plan-Apochromat Imm Corr DIC M27 for oil, water, silicone oil or glycerine immersion (D=0-0.17mm) (WD=0.57mm at D=0.17mm)
Long working distance immersion lens great for cleared tissues.
- 40X water N.A. 1.1 for standard imaging
- 40X water N.A. 1.2 for FCS
- 63X oil 1.40
- 100X oil N.A. 1.46 Use only for Airyscan and other specialty work.
NOT FOR ROUTINE CONFOCAL Instead, use the 63X with a zoom set or large pixel size image.
- Excitation lasers: 405, 440 (pulsed for time domain FLIM), 458, 488, 514, 561, 594, 633 nm
- Detectors, path 1:
* PMT, 410 to 750 nm
* 32 channel spectral, 409 to 695 nm (example of true spectral detection here)
* redshifted GaAsP, up to 750 nm
* transmitted detector; use with Omega Optical 750SP filter in the condenser to block IR light from Definite Focus (see similar configuration on Zeiss 800 here).
- Detectors, path 2:
* 2 GaAsP detectors ("BIG" detectors) with standard filter blocks for green/red and CFP/YFP
- Detector, path 3:
* AiryScan (example with gamma tubulin)
- Automated Stage (tiling, repeated multiple positions)
- Definite Focus to lock focus for time lapse -- 750SP Omega Optical filter in condenser to prevent interference with transmitted light detector
- Windows 7 Zen Black
To adjust parfocaility using the touchpad:
Home > settings > focus > parfocality > adjustment